Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lessons Learned

I feel like everyday over the past 2 1/2 months I have learned something new about being a mom.  Some of the more recent lessons have been-

Just because I am home, that does not mean that I can run tons of errands or get a lot done at the house.  One day I was thinking about the logistics of being able to juggle a pile of clothes needing to be dry cleaned with carrying his car seat when I saw my neighbor outside watching her kids play.  She also watched my kid for 10 minutes and potential problem was solved. 

Next lesson- just because CJ is starting to break out of his swaddler sleep sack does not mean he does not want to be swaddled.  These sleep sacks are getting too small for him so I tried to put him in a bigger one without the swaddle feature for his naps.  Two days of this and I am now planning a trip to Babies R Us to get the next size up on the swaddle sleep sack.  He is not rolling over yet and we have two trips out of town coming up anyway.

Speaking of CJ screaming in his crib there is today's first of two lessons- when he starts his naptime in his car seat while driving home from anywhere- KEEP HIM IN HIS CARSEAT to let him finish the nap.  I will at least bring the car seat in the house, but I will not even undo the straps.  This is what I got when I ever so gently tried to remove him from his safe Graco haven and into the crib:

 Look at that pathetic face... :(  Don't worry, I did pick him up.  This was not an instance when he was going to cry himself to sleep. 

CJ gave me an even worse face about 2 hours later on his changing table which leads to the last lesson of the day- never assume that there is no blow out if you can't see any poop and the baby seems as happy as can be.  I let him coo and kick in his pack n play for awhile waiting for him to be "done" thinking it was all contained to his diaper.  Sadly, I didn't think about it all spreading way up the back- which then requires an outfit change and major wiping down resulting in said very pathetic face.  Don't forget blood curdling scream.

Tonight is a great night to get a pedicure.  I think I just might do that.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about all of that, Angie! I can say for sure that I have been there, and had days like that. In fact, in the past 24 hours Natalie has had 4 accidents (including two during the night last night, resulting in changing her bed twice), and threw a major tantrum when we got home tonight. Not the way I want to spend my time! So I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on those larger swaddles! Matthew was swaddled forever it seems and I had a heck of a time finding larger swaddles. Also, in case I haven't told you, CJ is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete