Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some "Me" Time

There have been a few days since I started the 365 day project where I realize that it's 11:00 at night and I still have not taken a picture yet.  These are where some of my most random pictures come from.  One night I actually had already gone to bed when I realized I did not take a picture- so here's Kevin sleeping with Izzie laying on top of him- 
So this week has been pretty busy.  We voted-

We learned how to roll over (CJ now does it quickly, but at first it took awhile and he would have to contortion his body)-
We watched Curious George in the mornings-
and CJ played in his ExcerSaucer for the first time.  We need something to break up the monotony of the playmat! 
We also went to storytime at the library and CJ met up with his friend, Case.  I met his mom, Caroline, at the last Mom's club meeting and we found that our sons are only 2 days apart in age! It was so nice to meet another new mom with a son who is the same age.  It also helps that we are both around the same age and have a lot of the same interests.  And, (I love this small world stuff) both of our husbands went to RIT!  We're looking forward to lots of fun times.

With all of these activities of the week I was so looking forward to Saturday.  How sad is it that I now can't wait for a hair appointment!  I also took a cupcake baking class at Cookology at Dulles Town Center.  For a nice few hour break and if you like to cook, I would definitely recommend taking a class here.  We made vanilla, chocolate with peanut butter icing, and pumpkin dipped in caramel and pecans cupcakes-
As much as I love being with CJ all day and night, I definitely need to make sure I get some "Me Time" like I did on Saturday.  Kevin was very happy to stay at home, but I did feel guilty.  I have talked to other moms who feel the same way when we leave our children home with our husbands.  Why do we feel this way?  Us moms deserve some time to ourselves as well! 

We ended Saturday with attending a party at our new friends Chris and Caroline's house.  There were 4 babies there, all around the same age.  We had some wine, and we all made even more friends.  Kevin and I couldn't remember the last time we were able to get home from a party in 5 minutes!  We are so lucky to have such a well-behaved baby that lets us enjoy ourselves- we need to cherish this time before he is running around all over the place! 

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel guilty - you do deserve some you time and I'm happy to accommodate. You cover for me a lot, after all. Now we just need to figure out how we can get some us time ;)

    ReplyDelete