Monday, March 5, 2012

On the Move

Yes, he looks like a disaster, but it was not one of my near-disasters. 

Well I had 2 near-mommy-disasters last week.  Usually in the morning I feed CJ and then let him play around on the floor while I eat breakfast at the kitchen table.  I was glancing every so often into the family room to make sure he wasn't tugging at the vertical blinds or sticking his fingers in the air vent that is on the floor- but I should not have been so engrossed in my magazine.  The TV clicked off and I immediately glanced into the room- no CJ.  He had crawled behind the TV stand and halfway unplugged the power strip!  Of course then I just started thinking of all that could have happened... yikes.  My second near-disaster was when I locked myself out of the house when CJ was sleeping in his room.  Thank God my friend Evan was home and has our key.  Again, I thought of all that could have happened if he wasn't home and Kev was out of town and CJ started screaming and I'm wasn't there...

So we have moved the TV stand back closer to the wall and I will need to stop getting so distracted.  I know these will not be the last near-disasters, but hopefully there will be no actual disasters.
Welcome!  Come on in!


You find out how dirty your floors really are when you have a crawler

Pulling himself up (sort of)

CJ really wants to get into the kitchen

Finally gave CJ a battery-less remote

So CJ definitely is much more adept at crawling now (before I thought he awkwardly crawled like the girl from The Grudge), and the pictures show he is getting into some plank positions on the fireplace and the small step-up to the kitchen.  Here and there he shows us some more yoga when he busts out some random downward dogs.  I need to have a camera on me the next time that happens. 




CJ will also chase the cat if he gets the chance- but Izzie is too fast for him.  Now she just teases him by playing chicken- running away at the last minute and then coming back into his view.  I'm sure he'll pay her back at some point. 


Even though it has been a mild winter, I am still looking forward to consistent warmer days.  50 degrees is a lot better than 30, but I still am not running out the door eager walking when it is 50 degrees.  However, we have tried to take advantage of all of the actual spring-like days!
First time in a swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment